Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Can you ever go back?

Someone reminded me today of a song I used to love when I was about sixteen. It was such a great song for me at the time that I decided to borrow it off soulseek to see if it still held the same magic.

It did.

I played it five times in a row and it's just as amazing now as it ever was. It made me think of a time when music was new and shiny and exciting for me. I didn't expect to hear great songs whenever I listened to an album, but it seemed to happen regularly. Nowdays It's so easy to grab music from all over the world pretty much instantly, but some of the excitement has gone. Is it because it's so easy to get hold of music? Or is it just my age? I dunno, but for a little while at least I'm going back there to hang out for a while. :) If you get a chance listen to Jane says by Jane's addiction it's a fucking great song.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just like 'brainstorm 88' by Hawkwind

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

following on from your rock discussion(better late than never)what about that aerosmith song from Armageddon.Cheese,yet a fucking belter t'boot.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

fuck! man! Fuck Man! Hawkwind is gonna get burnt.

that aerosmith song is good n all, more of a haunting, yet stirring rock ballad though, no? It's more a getting down and dirty with your old lady kind of a song I think. ;)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

yes, music does that to you doesn't it?! i've been on a Nirvana trip the last few days.. that old stuff rocks man! :-)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Yea definitley! And the pixies too! Old guitar music is wicked!

I'm gonna dig out me grunge...

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got tickets for me, Jim & Howman to see Dinosaur Jr in June. The ears will be bleedin after that one.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

lucky buggers, we got queen coming here in may... hooray.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home