Saturday, November 20, 2004

Valderee!

I've arrived in the mountain town of Sa Pa in North West Vietnam, it's quite high at an elevation of about 2000 metres and there seem to be loads of treks and stuff, including one to the top of Fansipan, Vietnam's highest mountain which is 3500 Metres. That looks like a lot of hard work so I'll have to see about that.

My Hotel is $5 a night with Satellite TV, a bath(!!!!), a Balcony looking down over a beautiful valley and best of all an open fireplace, so I think I'm gonna be doing quite a bit of reading and relaxing here. The place has a nice alpine feel to it, so it reminds me of my favourite holidays in Italy.

Oh yeah, been here for just 4 hours and already been offered opium a few times. I'm not quite sure what the deal is around here, but I don't think I'll take them up on the offer. Don't want to spend the rest of my life in a vietnamese jail cell. Plus kids, Drugs Are Bad.

Going for a Wild boar dinner tonight (just to compare with the Tuscan style) and probably have Venison tomorrow. I had been steadily losing weight since coming to Asia, but Vietnam has put a stop to all that. I blame the fresh baguettes.

Blah blah blah...

4 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

i think it's okay with the opium and hash as long as you're not trying to leave the country with it.. oh yeah, 'Drugs Are Bad' ;-))

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't sign in at the moment...

hehe! Wouldn't ever dream of following the 'dark path.'
Semms the Americans I meet buy enough weed for everyone!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic...some new crazy shit from Nintendo! Those clever Japs!!

http://nintendo.co.jp/n10/nwt/dssoft/movie/dssoft.html

4:10 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Saw that Ds thingy... Blimey! I've just got a gameboy though, so I'll have to wait!

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home