Wednesday, November 10, 2004

There's light at the end of the tunnel...

Just arrived in Hoi An it's a tiny little riverside town and seems to be very cool. I have a room with satellite tv and a movie channel, so it's perfect to try and get over my cold.

Last night I ate in a Five star hotel and spent $40 on fish barbeque. It was good. Although I realise I could probably have lived and eaten for a week on the money I spent it was very nice for a change. Now it's back to rice and veggies.


I'm sorry this blog seems to be turning into a been there ate that type affair. I'll try and liven things up a touch somehow.


*juggles with a couple of oranges from the hotel fruit bowl*

Dadaaa!

umm...

Here's a list of things I miss:

Cheese
Marmite
Branston pickle
My Cd collection
Walkers Salt and vinegar

Saw a couple of drunk English guys racing in those pedal powered rickshaw things last night. I felt sorry for the drivers. The English guys kept shouting 'HYAAA'! Like they were on a wagon train.

Got on one myself to get home from the bar and it seemed pretty slow, to break the ice I said to the driver "I'm sorry I'm so fat, I'm making you slow". He just looked at me and said "yes".

I'm just passing time now...

so I'll stop.


2 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

good to see you survived Nha Trang!! yeah it's always great to splurge on food esp. if you've been on a spartan diet for ages..

3:20 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

It was definitley needed. Nothing makes you feel better than a belly full of good food I reckon. :)

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home