Monday, November 01, 2004

Saigon...

Dear Grandmother,


Coming into country I had to wait two hours at a border post while backpackers stuffed their bags into an xray machine which was located in a corrugated iron shack. Then we received papers that told us we were disease free despite any kind of medical check up. Strangely enough the papers cost us 2000 D surplus to the visa cost... I wonder why that is?

They say it's best to die in your first week here, the reasoning being that you're not worth as much. I guess that's why they call us FNG's. I've only been here a day Grandmother and I love it already.

Tell Mom and dad...

Well, just tell them.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh... newbie gonna love the 'nam...

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An Olmos can take anything. They're the best I've seen Grandma...

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan it's dan. I agree... Tokyo very weird and expensive. Got out of there after 1 day! Then went to Hong Kong... weird also and expensive.... another 1 day. Then Bangkok for 1 night and now Phuket. Beautiful here although raining. Weird that you are so close by! Enjoy Saigon mister!

Dan

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let u know Iron maiden - Iron maiden, Maiden japan and 2 minutes to midnight have been added to the shrine ;)

Up the irons!!

ben

3:09 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I wanna go back to england go to the doctor and say. 'doctor, longbeach fucked up my hearing for good!!'

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait for it left handside, wait for it!! Got Flight of Icarus and the elusive somewhere in time today.So far I've spent nearly 60 quid on maiden records this weekend!! nam sounds wikid...ez now!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home