Sunday, November 07, 2004

Dalis and Dalat...

Just about to leave the mountain town of Dalat. It's very nice but I haven't been able to enjoy it properly because I have a stinking cold. It's pretty chilly here but very nice. The town is ravaged by a terrible biker gang called 'the easy riders' who demand to take you on tours around the area for ten bucks. Amazingly for me I have been able to say no every time!

Went on a cable car and ended up sharing the cabin with the Vietnamese version of the only gay in the village,

for those who may not know who this is: http://www.davidwalliams.com/full/lbcharacters/intdaffyd.jpg

He ended up inviting us on a pub crawl around some very fruity spots which was actually good fun, and I discovered he was by far the only gay in this village, it seems dalat is the top holiday spot for honeymooners and homosexual Vietnamese.

Tomorrow I will be in Nah Trang, where apparently instead of having sex for money the hookers there hang around on the beach after dark and use kung fu skills to beat the shit out of prospective punters, then run off with all their cash... Sounds delightful.

Shaved my head with an ancient set of communist clippers I bought off a guy sitting on the street. I was very concerned that I might electrocute myself, but I didn't. They were also the loudest things in existence, while I was using them I was unaware that the staff in the hotel were running around trying to find out where the racket was coming from (they thought someone was drilling holes in their room, god knows why.) and I was also told that you could hear them all the way down the street, despite my room not having any windows. Anyway, I think it was a bad move doing it because just as I thought my cold was going, it seems to be back with a vengeance.

Dammit.


peas...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - somes sleasy hotels in SE Asia have rooms with holes drilled in the walls so you can watch people doing it proper. Perhaps they thought you wanted some DIY voyeurism?

MZA

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home