Monday, October 25, 2004

Still in the 'bodia.

I'm spending a few days in Sianoukville a dodgy seaside resort that resembles a spaghetti western town. It seems that nothing is illegal here, which, while liberating is also slightly disconcerting. The beach is full of kids trying to sell fruit and weed, I reckon if nothing else they'll make fantastic salespeople in a few years... Most of them speak three languages and haven't even been to school.

Pretty much all the beachfront bars will 'happy' up you food for you, for 1 dollar which, although tempting, I think my food will be happy enough without a fistful ofdirty brown weed thrown on top of it. Much more sensible to stick tothe not so happy Lao beer and a few mojitos of an evening.

Changed guesthouses today cos I counted 23 cockroaches in the last room. It all looked okay till I closed the door and there they all were sitting on the back of it. I wouldn't mind but they're so sneaky, not moving til they think you're not looking. I closed the door and opened it again and they were all gone! Where??!

Staying above a bar owned by a Man from Basingstoke, they have cheap milkshakes and a huge dvd collection and the rooms are only $3 a night, so it seems like a cool place to wait until I can use my Vietnam Visa on November 1st.

I probably should have some deep and insightful things to say about Cambodia, but they'll have to wait until another time.


Live long and prosper.






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

still no snaps dude.... post up a few man.

emdee

1:16 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Sorry man, Can't do any photos till I get back to Europe or at least somewhere I can plug my camera in... Don't worry though, they're all shite.

dan

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely nothing can 'happy' you up more than a cocoichi curry?

5:35 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Cockaroachey curry is the happiest place on earth TM

man, just imagine that curry with a handful of weed in it... Scary!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home