Friday, October 29, 2004

Fruity loops.

There's a five day bank holiday here in Cambodia starting today because the king is abdicating and his son is being crowned or whatever. It's a bit of a funny situation because the Prince Regent doesn't speak Cambodian and has spent the last few years being the choreographer of a gay dance troupe in Paris. Apparently he doesn't want to be king, I guess he'd rather be flouncing around somewhere, but talk like that is enough to get you in trouble around here.


The last few days have been breaking me slowly bit by bit. Living in a bar is dangerous stuff, I'm going to book my bus ticket today for Sunday and get out of dodge. I'm looking forward to Vietnam, maybe some cleanish streets there, considering it's a communist hell hole. Also looking forwardto some sensible banking arangements there too.


Experienced the Cambodian version of the full moon party, which was very relaxed, spent the evening listening to the avalanches, Massive attack and Jack Johnson, whilst drinking $1 white Russians and eating nice free vegetable curry. As a result of mistaken identity with a few slices of pizza I'm feeling a little dazed today, but that seems normal here. No one at my guesthouse/bar thing ever goes out or anything they just slump on these big sofas watching Bond movies. Well, when I say movies I mean Moonraker. I've been there four days and it's been on three times.


M: My God, what's Bond doing?
Q: I think he's attempting re-entry, sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home