Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Lessons lessons lessons

Today I teach a new class. I'm a little nervous still, even though I've been doing this for two weeks, so I'm gonna stick to a topic I know well. I'm gonna talk about, and hopefully get the class talking about music, I have all sorts of lame games for them to play like wordsearches and Taboo and stuff and I'm gonna get them to listen to some Adem and hopefully get them to talk about it afterwards. I was thinking about playing them some Radiohead or some anticon Stuff but I figured Adem is a bit lighter and you can easily understand the words he's singing, so maybe (fingers crossed) it will all go okay?

Having a few life lessons here and there as well, f'rinstance I have met some very nice, very intelligent Americans. I realis now I may be bordering on alcoholic. And I'm still terrible when it comes to "the ladies". I dunno, maybe I've watched Lost in translation too many times, but I seem to be falling into platonic relationships everywhere I look. Eh... It's not so bad I guess, at least I'm making some friends. :)


It might be a cliche, but the Skorpions - Wind of change is still really popular everywhere in Eastern Europe. Have yet to find out about "life is life".



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing that the Skorpions - Wind of change is still really popular everywhere in Eastern Europe, I can't wait to find out how Adem, Radiohead, and that other band you mentioned, went down with the class?

You haven't been watching Lost in Translation on the right level - she wanted it, he just didn't close the deal.

Charlie Farquaar (Sir)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Hello Chad my dear boy.

I thought I should tell you that my music lesson kinda bombed. They weren't interested in Adem and couldn't understand raiohead and half the class are classical music buffs, so the were kinda disdainful of the "pop" I was subjecting them to. Still, the teacher grading me liked Adem so maybe I've done okay?

Is that so about lost in translation? It's funny you say that because there was some sort of closure the other night... Can't say more now though... I'll mail you and you can read it in the gentlemen's club.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, there are some things gentlemen don't discuss on a blog. I'll be in the gentleman's club with brandy and cigars at the ready...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home