Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Happiness?

For a large portion of my life I thought my happiness and contentment was directly related to the width of the bottoms of my jeans. I could never get it right though, too tight and things were wrong, I felt uptight within myself. Too loose and the cuffs would hook under my trainers and get wet when I walked through puddles. Even though I was content with this level of sag, ultimatley the bottoms would beging to fray, then holes would appear and I would have to throw the jeans away sooner than usual. I suppose there's something there if I could be bothered to look deep enough...

On another note, I haven't been listening to much hip hop recently, dunno exactly why, because usually during the summer months I can't get enough of it. I think maybe it's 'cos my bro and EmdEE live and breathe it and I've been staying with them for a month or so, or maybe because a friend of mine sent me an email pretty much damning the whole genre of music, sowing seeds of doubt in my mind. :) Anyway apart from the new beasties lp which is officially boomin' I've mostly been listening to 'Explosions in the sky', a Czech band called 'Khoiba' and the first sigur ros album... I'm worried that this may be turning me nancy, so gonna have to dig out the NWA best of album later on today :) So in case anyone is actually reading any of this here is my top five listens over the last few days.

Beastie Boys - To the five Bouroughs
Explosions in the sky - Some shady mp3s from somewhere or another.
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Khoiba - Nice traps
Madlib - blunted in the bomb shelter

I think I'm going to have to check out the new infinite livez album though... a little monkey tells me it's pretty cool.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wot, no "Adem"?

MZA

2:23 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

:) I haven't been litening to it quite as much over the last couple of weeks. It's still one of me favourites but bit too autumnal for this glorious european weather!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home